15 Of The Best Goodfellas Movie Quotes

Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas arguably ranks as one of my favorite gangster movies of all time.

Goodfellas (stylized GoodFellas) is a 1990 American crime film directed by Martin Scorsese. It is an adaptation of the 1985 non-fiction book Wiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi, who co-wrote the screenplay with Scorsese.

The film tells the story of the rise and fall of mob associate Henry Hill.

Let me take you through fifteen of my favorite quotes from the movie Goodfellas.

1. As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.


As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster. - Henry Hill

2. Paulie may have moved slow.  But thats only because Paulie didn't need to move for anybody.


Paulie may have moved slow.  But that's only because Paulie didn't need to move for anybody. - Henry Hill

3. You wasted eight f*cking aprons on this guy.


You're a real jerk.

You wasted eight f*cking aprons on this guy.  - Tuddy Cicero

4. It was when I met the world.  It was when I first met Jimmy Conway....


It was a glorious time and wiseguys were all over the place.

It was before Apalachin and before Crazy Joe decided to take on a boss and start a war.

It was when I met the world. And it was when I first met Jimmy Conway.

He couldn't have been more than 28 or 29 at the time, but he was already a legend.

He'd walk in the door and everybody who worked the roomjust went wild. He'd give a doorman $100 just for opening the door.

He'd give hundreds to the dealers and the guys who ran the games.

Even the bartender got $100 just for keeping the ice cubes cold. - Henry Hill

5. Never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut.


You learned the two greatest thing in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut. - Jimmy Conway

6. Business bad? F*ck you. Pay me!


Now the guy's got Paulie as a partner. Any problems, he goes to Paulie.

Trouble with the bill? He can go to Paulie. Trouble with the cops, deliveries, Tommy, he can call Paulie.

But now the guy's gotta come up with Paulie's money every week, no matter what.

Business bad? "Fuck you, pay me." Oh, you had a fire? "Fuck you, pay me." Place got hit by lightning, huh? "Fuck you, pay me." - Henry Hill

7. What do you mean I'm funny?


What do you mean I'm funny?

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? - Tommy deVito

8. You'v egot some nerve standing me up....


You've got some nerve standing me up. Nobody does that to me. Who the hell do you think you are, Frankie Vallie or some kind of big shot? - Karen

I remember, her screaming on the street and I mean loud, but she looked good. She had these great eyes. Just like Liz Taylor's. At least that's what I thought. - Henry Hill

9. They're like the police department for wiseguys.


Hundreds of guys depended on Paulie and he got a piece of everything they made. And it was tribute, just like in the old country, except they were doing it here in America. And all they got from Paulie was protection from other guys looking to rip them off. And that's what it's all about. 

That's what the FBI could never understand. That what Paulie and the organization does is offer protection for people who can't go to the cops. That's it. That's all it is. They're like the police department for wise guys. - Henry Hill

10. For us to live any other way was nuts...


For us to live any other way was nuts. Uh, to us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, and worried about their bills, were dead. 

I mean they were suckers. They had no balls. If we wanted something we just took it. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again. - Henry Hill

11. Now go home and get your f*cking shinebox!


Now go home and get your f*cking shine box! - Billy Batts

12. She'll never divorce him. She'll kill him, but she won't divorce him.


[referring to Henry and Karen] She'll never divorce him. She'll kill him but she won't divorce him. - Jimmy Conway

13.You know Spider, you're a f*cking mumbling stuttering little f*ck. You know that?


You know Spider, you're a fuckin' mumbling stuttering little fuck. You know that? - Tommy DeVito

14. Jimmy had never asked me to whack somebody before...


Jimmy had never asked me to whack somebody before. But now he's asking me to go down to Florida and do a hit with Anthony? 

That's when I knew I would never have come back from Florida alive. - Henry Hill

15. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.


See, the hardest thing for me was leaving the life. I still love the life. And we were treated like movie stars with muscle. We had it all, just for the asking.

Our wives, mothers, kids, everybody rode along. I had paper bags filled with jewelry stashed in the kitchen. I had a sugar bowl full of coke next to the bed. Anything I wanted was a phone call away. Free cars. The keys to a dozen hideout flats all over the city.

I'd bet twenty, thirty grand over a weekend and then I'd either blow the winnings in a week or go to the sharks to pay back the bookies. Didn't matter. It didn't mean anything.

When I was broke I would go out and rob some more. We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking.

And now it's all over. And that's the hardest part. Today, everything is different. There's no action. I have to wait around like everyone else.

Can't even get decent food. Right after I got here I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and I got egg noodles and ketchup.

I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook. - Henry Hill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUY GOODFELLAS 24th ANNIVERSARY BLURAY FROM AMAZON BELOW AT:

Comments

  1. Get subtitles of this movie from Subwhale.
    You will like the site and easiness of the site to get subtitles of any movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment